a couple of my favorites


This card uses Stampin'Up!'s Flirtatious Designer Specialty Paper which comes with two sheets of laser cut doilies. Instead for this version I used the inside of the Paper Doily Sizzits Die in Pumpkin Pie and layered it with an polka dot embossed piece of Melon Mambo, a border punched Pretty in Pink strip and a patterned paper piece from the Flirtatious pack. I love it! Products seen below.  
 
This took me a week of 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there. I had too much trouble with the rosettes and finally gave up on that one! I stamped the patterned paper with musical notes which is difficult to see in the photo. My apologies for the blurry photo. I added some Regal Rose dyed crochet trim and some Soft Suede ribbons and sponged the rest of the patterned paper. I used my Stampin'Up! Sizzix Big Shot to make the oval die and punched the leaves and flower next. Then I stamped the bird around and cut one out.  After that i attached all that and stamped the sentiment which I think should have been pink now or perhaps Kiwi Kiss? Of course I am my own worst critic but I cannot get anyone else to do that except my husband and he's crazy when it comes to stamping ideas! Seriously, he would suggest that instead of the oval i should put cotton covered clouds or something so the birds would look like they're flying through the sky or something. See his suggestions are insane! I added a back to the punched flower with Soft Suede and the Kiwi corduroy button at the last minute and sponged like crazy. The back panel is Vanilla.  I really had fun with this card even though I am not totally happy with. I didn't look too closely at the inspiration sample while i was making the card but I did use it and loved it! 


the inspiration:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm seeing STARS

Watercolour Trio Class