I'm seeing STARS

I think I was feeling nostalgic for Ruby Red, River Rock, Soft Sky and Bayou Blue when I started this set. I wanted to create something not at all feminine but it didn't turn out as particularily masculine. I only had scraps of River Rock and was lacking in matching ribbon as well so it was a bit more challenging than I anticipated. I planned to use a the inks that matched and a stamp set I really like and have been hanging on to since Spring 2008 {pictured below} but once I got my Big Shot and my Stars #2 Die out all the plans changed. This set was offered with a 5"x5" little album and papers and cardstock stickers in Pumkin and Olive and Bashful Blue which I also still have a few pieces left from now that I think about it. I feel some more inspiration coming on. I enjoyed the kit so much because I made a lovely little album for my elderly cousin Eda with a collection of photos from her yearly family picnics. I put the finishing touches on it in the car on the way there and was so glad because that was the only year I can remember that it rained and had not spent that much time inside her home before. I love memories so I will add a photo of the cover of the album too! We just had that yearly picnic a few weeks ago and her sons built her a big beautiful covered picnic area just in time! See how the stamps in the set would have been a good match to the Western Sky dsp!

Comments

Shannon Willis said…
Your projects are adorable. I found your blog through Stampin Connection and am following. I am excited to see more of your work. I would love it if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

Be Blessed,

Shannon Willis
www.shannonscropstop.blogspot.com
Shannon said…
Thanks Betty! I just started following.
www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com
Melinda said…
Now following! www.melindasstampinfun.blogger.com

I look forward to seeing your work.
Patty said…
Super cute notebook! Love it!

I am just getting around to commenting on the blogs I'm now following through Stampin' Connection. I invite you to follow me as well (if you are not already) at http://www.rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com
have a crafty day!
Shanda Stirk said…
Those cards are all fabulous. so many great ideas! Now following.
Diane Noble said…
Happy to find you through the SC follower forum! I'm now following you and loved looking at your creative projects. Too cute.

You can follow me at
http://www.dianesdesigns.blogspot.com

I'll be back to browse more soon!
Nanci said…
These are such cute cards, and I love the mini book. I'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join me too!
www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com
Amy Rogers said…
Beautiful book!!! I'm following you...
Amy
http://amysstampincreations.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Watercolour Trio Class